Friday, August 31, 2007

I'm nothing if not a follower

Over the past few months, I've been thinking about what to do with my blog. I'm tired of Blogger, and I'm ready for a change. I seriously considered typepad, but I just don't think I'm serious enough to pay for a blogging service. Rachel and Sherry have both recently checked out wordpress. Rachel stayed, but Sherry returned to the loving folds of blogger. Based on Rachel's experience, I decided to check out wordpress myself. I've imported all my posts, and I'm liking it.

There is one thing different. The name. My blog address has already changed once, I started this fine adventure nearly two and a half years ago as aurorabaker. Tiring of that identity, i decided to be myself for awhile and I'm now dawnmarievan. Well, I'm getting married and my name is going to change, so it was time to think of a new identity. With some input from Carly, i decided to make a play off my soon-to-be last name, and so I present to you, the Life and Times of a Duchess. (No it is not spelled wrong, I looked it up) I decided to change it now, since I'm moving anyway, rather than move now and change again later.

Come visit, stick around, change your links. See you there.