Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday!

Well, I am actually at work today, although my brain is um, I think vacationing in the Falkland Isles. So the concert was a blast, there were cute boys sitting behind us buying us beer. Can't go wrong with that right?

On Friday I stayed home "sick" from work, and on Saturday i had to work at the bank. Good times. There is a lot of stuff going down there that will probably ensure I do not work there much longer. I may try to get one more Christmas dinner out of it though, because Charthouse, mmm. And Cheryl pays for everything including alcohol.

Then Jo and I went to the ren fest. It was super fun. Reid had given me free tickets. (thanks Reid!!) So we spent the first 45 minutes wandering the fair looking for him, then we found him, and after that saw him everywhere we looked! We got to hear his singing group sing at one of the pubs and that was great fun. Then, as we were leaving, we once again saw Reid, and while we were talking to him...

...This guy walks up to me, calls me by name and proceeds to inquire about everything I've been doing in the the last 3 years. Apparently it had been 3 years since I'd seen him. I had NO IDEA who the hell he was. Then he mentioned a trumpet player from MSUM, so I thought, hey he must have been a music major with me. And then he asks me if I ever talk to Robin. Um, no, but I've been trying to find her for the past two years since she dissappeared off the face of the earth. Well, he had her number, but we didn't have any paper and I had left my phone in the car, so he called my phone and left me a voicemail. "Hey, this is Scott, Robins number is ..."

Yes! I now know his name is Scott, and I have a vague recollection of a fellow music major named Scott. Then, in a woosh, it all comes back to me. I sang at a local bar with this guy sometimes when I was a music major.

So, on my way home from dropping Jo off, I called Robin, and we chatted for a bit, and it was so great. I haven't talked to her forever, but have been trying to devise waays to find her, so yay!

Sunday, I did nothing. I watched movies, and it was great. Woohoo! 5 days till next weekend!!

4 comments:

dawnmarie said...

hee. not as quick. I posted at 7:12

Toni said...

Is this Robin with the really long hair?

dawnmarie said...

yes. She was a music major with me.

Toni said...

Hey I know her too!
We went to airport together one day in the summer just to look at the planes. She lived in Ballard with me.