Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A re-post, for Toni

I posted this ages ago, but Toni is trying to watch more movies, and asked for reccommendations, so I thought I'd bring this back.

Here are my top ten favorite movies. In no particular order.

10. The Little Mermaid. - Frogs. 'nough said
9. Die Hard - Only one and three though. The second one? Crap. And, hello. Brucey? yeah. I'm there.
8. The Wizard of Oz. - I love this movie, and I have loved it since I was a little girl. There's something magical about it.
7. Breakfast at Tiffany's - I think what I love most about this movie is Audrey Hepburns clothes. They're fantastic.
6. Empire Records - Damn the Man, save the Empire! Welcome to Music Town, May I service you?
5. Yours, mine, and ours. - Henry Fonda, Meet Lucille Ball. The Brady Bunch has nothin on these 2.
4.West Side Story. - Steven Sondheim, Leaonard Bernstein, Natalie Wood, Richard Beymer, and Russ Tamblyn. Jerome Robbins had some fabulous choreography on this movie, even if he didn't finish it.
3. White Christmas - I can watch it any time of the year. And its got Bing. And the original Clooney.
2. Pirates of the Carribbean - I wasn't going to put this on, but I have to, I mean pirates! There'll be no living with her after this...
1. The Man Who Knew Too Much.
- Que Sera, Sera.

4 comments:

Toni said...

Thanks Dawn :)
I love The Little Mermaid.
I'm not so sure I'm a Die Hard person, but I'm willing to try.
I love Wizard of Oz - it is magical
I haven't seen Breakfast at Tiffany's - must add to rental queue
Empire Records - like it :)
Yours, Mine and Ours - will add
West Side Story - will also add
White Christmas - I hate Christmas movies :(
We all know how I feel about Pirates of the Caribean...sorry
Will also add The Man Who Knew Too Much

Muchas gracias

QueenieCarly said...

I love Empire Records too! It's probably the only DVD that I watch again and again. I've jotted down a couple of titles myself and will let you know about your recommendations once I've seen them. Thanks for sharing!

Toni said...

Oh Dawn - I think you forgot about your apartment blog :) I miss it, those posts were funny.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting on my blog!!