Saturday, April 29, 2006

Every kiss begins with....

Candace, Beth, Rachel, Carly, everyone's doing it, and i'm nothing if not a follower.

Here's the deal... if you want to do this, post a comment and I'll assign a letter to you if you want one.

Carly gave me K.

Kisses: I love kisses. A peck on the cheek, a peck on the lips, an all-out lip lock (in private only, no PDA for this girl) I love kissing. I get sad when I see that special someone and don't get a kiss. I feel gypped.

King, Carole: I loooooove Carole King. You've got a Friend and Where You Lead are two of my favorite songs ever.

K, as in steeeeeeeerike 3!: I love it when the Twins pitchers strike a batter out. Siddown Beyotch! And my favorite kind of baseball to watch is a really good pitcher's duel.

Kudos: It has been said that an underlying need of humans is recognition. I like it when I do a good job, and someone tells me so. I also like it when I get to tell someone else they've done good work. Perhaps that's why I'm going back to teaching.

Kindness: I'm selfish. I like the feeling I get after I do something nice for others, and I like the joy I feel when someone does something small and nice for me.

Knowledge: I like knowing things. I like feeling smart and knowing what I'm talking about. I like gaining new knowledge and passing it on to others.

Key Lime Pie: Not my favorite, but I do enjoy a slice now and then.

Kid's Books: I love children's literature. I love the educational aspect of it, and I love discovering a new story, and re-discovering ones I loved as a child. I plan on writing my master's thesis on some aspect of Children's Literature.

Karma: I don't really believe in any religious aspect of it, or anything, but I like the idea that what goes around comes around, especially when it comes to the good stuff.

Hmmm. The only other two K words I can come up with are Kampa (as in Toni), and Kinky. I'll let you all decide for yourselves which one I picked.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I was worried K was too much of a challenge. Great job!

dawnmarie said...

thanks! I came up with the first 5 or so very quickly, but struggled a bit at the end. Thanks Carly!

Audi said...

I'll take a letter. Thanks this should be fun!!!

dawnmarie said...

Audi, welcome! Don't think I've seen you around here before.

Your letter is... J. Is that too hard?

lauren said...

I'm guessing you picked Kampa. Kinky is too obvious. :)

I guess I'll jump on the band wagon, too. Although we all pull in pretty much the same readers, so I'm not sure there will be much variety!

Rachel said...

Oh, sure, you don't want a letter when I post this, but when Carly posts it...

I see how you are. *sniff*

Nerdine said...

what a cool idea. I'll take a letter too..

lauren said...

We all wanted to participate the first time, Rachel, we were all just waiting to see who would go first!

dawnmarie said...

lauren, thy letter is... R. That might be too easy.

Rachel, i was just a delayed joiner.

Nerdine, your letter is... *looks at keyboard* P

lauren said...

R it is! 10 things I like that start with R? It might be harder that you think... but I have two already!

Audi said...

Thanks for the letter. I usually am a reader not a commentor. It just sounded like so much fun I couldn't resist. Also I'm having bloggers block maybe this will help me get over it. Oh and the letter "J" ROCKS

Audi said...

Okay its done!! It was easier than I thought it was going to be.

Suzy-Q said...

I played along with the letter "G". I thought of a few quickly, then had to employ the ingenintuity of my daughters. They came up with some good ones.....

My fave "K" is kisses....unsolicited kisses