Monday, May 01, 2006

Travelers never think that they are the foreigners.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Co-worker Kristen and her husband, Cam, came over for dinner on Saturday night. We started talking about travel, and where we'd been/like to go, etc. I mentioned that I've never been to Canada, and now, apparently, I'm going to Canada August 18-20.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I also mentioned that I'd like to go to Greece, and the others agreed with me. This got me thinking.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
2-4 adults can travel to greece for 8 days and 7 nights for 1215-1243 (or higher) per person. That seems pretty danged reasonable to me.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
How beautiful is it? I mean, seriously. I really do want to go, and someday, I will. Even if I have to go alone, a la Carly.

So, if anyone has any recommendations about traveling to/in Greece *cough*Rocket*cough*, I'd sure love to hear them. Because I AM going.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go alone. Seriously, you'll love it. There is nothing better. I'm not kidding.

And by 'going to Canada' you surely mean visiting Vancouver, right???

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and my girlfriend who is getting married on Saturday is headed there for three (3!) weeks on her honeymoon. *SO* lucky.

Rocketstar said...

We stayed on the island of Corfu (for a whole day) and did some walking and drove a Jeep tour around the island.

It was amazingly beautiful, the montains, the olive groves...

I would go back.

Rachel said...

ooooh... pretty!

dawnmarie said...

Carly, I'm sorry, they were thinking Thunder Bay, Ontario, it's a wee bit closer for a weekend trip...

Rocket, I [heart] Corfu, not that i've been there, but for some reason i attached myself to it at some point.

Rachel, I know! Start saving...

UnionMan1864 said...

Never been to Canada?

Anonymous said...

I know. I was just hoping.

Bex said...

Hey Dawn, I have a friend who was in Corfu last year and said it was gorgeous. (If you go, can you get me a fridge magnet? The one she bought me broke!)

dawnmarie said...

John, Nope, never been to Canada.

Carly, let's get you here first, then we'll see about getting me to Vancouver.

Bex, should I ever make it to Corfu, I shall buy you a magnet.

Rachel said...

Dawn, if you ever go to Vancouver, I want to go too.

Anonymous said...

I found flight and 7 nights stay for less than a grand. One of my best friends is Greek, I've often thought of visiting her.

Thunder Bay is nice. We camped our way up the North Shore one summer.

thisisbeth said...

Pretty! I'd pack my bags to leave right now, but it finally stopped raining...

Nerdine said...

Crete is absolutely beautiful...
I'd love to travel more too. I'd actually really love to go to the states, and now I heard it's only a 6-7 hour trip from Oslo to New York!!

lauren said...

And think of all that delicious greek food! Although they are heavy on the oregano, FYI.

I'll go to Greece!

Anonymous said...

Okay, after I visit MN, you'll BOTH come to Vancouver. Deal? And I'll bring Bex a magnet from St. Paul just to keep her quiet.

dawnmarie said...

rach, duly noted.

erika, that's great, care to share your resources? otherwise, it doesn't do me a lot of good.

beth, it's ok, you have some time, but you may want to start saving.

nerdine, come on over!

lauren, I may well be the pickiest eater ever born. that is the only thing i worry about when traveling. good thing i like olives.

carly, if you come to Minnesota, I will do everything in my power to make a trip to vancouver. this train thing may make it worthwhile.