Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bullseye!

As most of you have already heard/read, Rachel and I are going lenten on Target. Our beloved Ghetto Target is being torn down to make room for parking at our brand-spanking new Super Target.

Wednesday we will have our very own "Fat Tuesday" ETA: on Wednesday, and make one last ambulatory trip through the barren aisles, looking, searching, for that one thing that we just didn't know we needed.

The hard part for me won't be avoiding Target stores, but I do a lot of Target-ing online. It fills my days up.

We each get one dispensation, Iam looking for specific pillowcases, to match my brand new duvet cover. (that's right, Nick, DUVET DUVET DUVET) Rachel has to do some wedding stuff there when her sister gets married.

But other than that, it's cold turkey. I don't think I'll have that big of a problem. Doesn't mean I'm not working on a list of things to pick up before we start though. . .

5 comments:

thisisbeth said...

Hehe. I'm hoping to join you guys on your lenten "celebration." But, I'll be honest, I've got quite a list for the "last trip." Heh.

Sarah said...

why, why, why? you crazy, misguided, girls.

dawnmarie said...

Hey, never fear. I just went and dropped $70 bucks on new pillowcases, new pillows, a bedskirt, a griddle and some juice.

Rachel said...

I may or may not have dropped a large chunk of change there on Monday evening.

And we aren't going to Target tonight because you decided you'd rather go to the game.

dawnmarie said...

I bought the wrong size pillowcases! Curse mis-shelved product!