Thursday, June 14, 2007

Law of Window Cleaning: It's on the other side

A few days ago, Carly posted about her cleaning frenzy. While I don't hate cleaning, (except the dishes, ew) I do have to be in the mood, and oddly, I frequently do better when I have company over, or someone to talk to.

Last night, for the first night in what seems like weeks, I had nothing to do. I got to stay home, chill, do homework, read, whatever I wanted. So what did I do? I cleaned the apartment. And when I say cleaned, I mean, I cleaned. I re-organized the kitchen cupboards, moving small appliances and bake ware around so it was easier to access, I got out the fish tank, cleaned it up and prepared some water, cause T and I are thinking about adopting some fish. Randall the camel needs some company. I moved a bookshelf, a file cabinet and a smaller shelf, to fit better in the new living room arrangement T and I concocted the other night. I went through and organized/threw away/boxed up a bookshelf full of books and a dining room table covered in school-related materials. I washed the kitchen towels and rugs. I dusted the console table and picked up the few things in the living room that hadn't been resolved yet.

When I woke up this morning, and went to make my lunch for the day, there was a message from T, wondering what we were going to do tonight ("date night") since we'd planned on cleaning to a movie tonight. I guess we'll just have to relax and watch a movie. With no work to do at all. Or we could go adopt those fish we were thinking about.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

so i'm sitting here going, "we planned on cleaning to a movie", WTF?. it took me 27 seconds and three tries to figure out what that meant. :dumb:

Rachel said...

You could come help me clean my house...

thisisbeth said...

I vote for adopting fish. And the watching movies with your new fish. ;)

Sherry said...

There were some sicko's who think moving is so great... when you and Carly have done as much frenzied cleaning in your own places, please feel free to come unpack, organize and decorate my new place.

Jessica Magelky said...

I agree with sarah--I was confuzed as heck. Cunfuzed.