Monday, June 18, 2007

I'm almost glad it's Monday...

Weekends? How were they?

Mine was busy, but mostly fabulous. Friday night, I sat through my four hour math class, and headed home. Theresa was going to text me with the location of herself and Sarah, but the text never came. I got home, and no one was there, but a phone call from Nick let me know he was on his way. Shortly after Nick's arrival, Rachel, Sarah and Theresa arrived, and we sat around chatting for a bit, and deciding that mojitos in a bottle are a bad idea.

Saturday morning, we got up and the four ladies headed to a Vietnamese-run French bakery. Croissants were tasted and declared delicious. After a crowded trip to the pro-shop where Rachel and Theresa became new t-shirt owners, and a quick duck into World Market, we headed to Snuffy's Malt Shop for some pretty darn good ice cream. The afternoon was spent relaxing, napping, and there was a crazy Nick vs. Theresa Mario Kart match.

Whenever Sarah comes to town, there must be baseball, so a the six of us (Shane joined us) headed to the dome to watch our boys lose, pretty badly, and enjoy the drunken ramblings of the many many Brewers fans seated in our midst. Some entertaining, some annoying, and one near life threatening altercation.

Next on the agenda was a trip to the Chatterbox Pub. I admit to some fear that it would be horribly crowded and we'd have a hard time hearing each other, but it was lovely and emptyish (although the owners probably weren't as happy as I that it was) and we spent a few hours drinking cider, playing Mario Bros., playing darts, and a rousing game of Apples to Apples. Not to mention the food. Cheese Curds, Beer Cheese Fondue, French fries with chili and red pepper sour cream. And then. Oh Lord, then. The chocolate fondue. Brownies, rice krispy bars, chocolate chip cookies, strawberries, and toffee cookies, with a bowl of melted fudge for dipping. I dont' really think anything more needs to be said about that. We got home around 2, 2:30 and started getting ready for bed, only to be interrupted by piercing alarms, because some punk pulled the fire alarm in my apartment building. The fire department came and we crawled into bed.

Sarah left around 9:30 on Sunday morning, and Nick and I headed to Wisconsin for an adventure with my little-visited paternal family. We arrived at the party, had some food, and were then dispatched to the emergency room to keep my Grandmother company after she had a panic attack. She's recovering nicely, but we're keeping an eye on her, because her breathing has been very labored of late, and there's a carbon dioxide issue with her not releasing enough on the exhale.

All in all a very busy weekend, and I'm kind of glad to be at my desk at work where I can zone out for awhile!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You forgot about the Thai food.

QueenieCarly said...

That sounds like a fabulous weekend, just so much fun! (Aside from the ER drama, but I'm glad she's okay.) I can't wait until I can come to the Cities! I'll remember to come hungry!

Sarah said...

totally thought you were going to call us when done with class. why would T text you? only you know when class gets out.

at least that's where i assume the confusion over that came in...

anyway, fun weekend, kinda glad to be sleeping in my own bed as that will not be the case this weekend again.

dawnmarie said...

She was gonna text me, because when I left in the morning, I said just text me when you go somewhere :) That way no one had to worry about answering their phone, hearing their phone in a loud restaurant/bar.

no biggie anyway :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! IMPRESSIVE WEEKEND! Glad your grandma is okay. Those are scary situations.