Sunday, April 15, 2007

I've got waffle mix, and wine, someone bring the beer, and someone bring the bananas.

My weekend wasn't a whole lot to talk about, there was a fabulous dinner (and wine!) with Toni in St. Cloud, a great lacrosse game (we won!)and a wHaffle searching adventure with Theresa and Zeke.

One thing I love about where I live, is how much there is to do. For instance, if someone were to come and visit me, say from, oh, I don't know Vancouver? They would find lovely things such as:

Como Park Zoo and Conservatory
The Muddy Pig
Twins Baseball, Swarm Lacrosse and Wild Hockey (season-dependent)
Tom Reid's for nachos(vegetarian) and darts.
Bonfire for killer ginger ale.
Cafe Latte for Turtle Cake
*sigh* The Mall of America (Which houses a Sephora)
Beautiful mansions
and of course, a Mary Tyler Moore statue.

ETA:
There's also Mississippi Market, an organic foods co-op within walking distance.
And Whole Foods Market. I hear there is a tea there random Canadians like.
and Target! I hear random Canadians like Target.

what else? Lots of you have been to my house, and Rachel, you live here, what else is in the neighborhood/area?

9 comments:

Sarah said...

the hippie co-op would be right up, um, a random canadian's alley...

thisisbeth said...

Anyone coming to your neighborhood would also get to see Dawn.

Rachel said...

Cafe Latte also has chocolate raspberry fudge cake and about a zillion other tasty desserts.

There's always IKEA. And the Apple Valley Twins Pro Shop. Mall of America also has Teavana, which is an excellent tea shop.

And I say we lift the Target Lent if any random Canadians come to visit, because if random Canadians like Target, by golly, we should be going to Target!

dawnmarie said...

Pretty sure of two things Rach,
a: Random Canadians aren't actually coming.
b: Random Canadian's wouldn't be coming until after the Target Lent anyway.

Sorry kid. no Target for you.

Brianinmpls said...

Hey I would love to go to a swarm game with you guys let me know the date and time and i am there

Rachel said...

Yeah, Dawn, I kinda figured, I was just sayin' was all.

Bri, the Swarm season is over, unless they wind up playing some home playoff games.

Do random Canadians like amusement parks? If so, we could go to ValleyFair. Or if random Canadians come to visit in late summer/early autumn we could go to Ren Fest. I know this guy who could probably score us some passes.

QueenieCarly said...

Funny, when I saw on Rachel's blog that you'd posted about things to do around the Cities, I wondered if this was your angle.

Let's see... sports, Sephora, MTM (I thought for a second you'd forgotten it), Target, Whole Foods... I'll be there on Saturday!

Seriously, as I told you, I'm looking at flights because I need to get out of this place.

Wait a second, you were talking about me, weren't you???

And yes, RC love amusement parks!

Sarah said...

yay valley fair!

Anonymous said...

This random Canadian likes amusement parks.. oh wait. I'm not Canadian. But I live in Canada. Do I count?