Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Let them eat cake

That was mostly for Carly. Since I'm answering the rest of her question, I thought it appropriate. Plus, Nick and I are doing a cake tasting tonight so it fits well.

The second question she asked me was What are three things that are on your list of things to do in the future?

I thought a really long time about this. I've always had things I thought would be great to do, but things that I actually am going to do? (which is how I read the question) That's harder.

1. This one is kind of a cheat. But go to Italy. Ever since I was about 13, I wanted to go to Italy. I never said much about it to anyone except my mom, but I've always wanted to go. And on October 19th, I leave. I'm heading over to visit Toni, whom I miss terribly, and I can't wait. I daily check her photobucket account for new photos, and just today I sent an email to my professors for fall semester telling them I'd be gone.

2. Buy a house. I want a yard, I want to be able to paint whenever and whatever I want, I want to be able to buy a puppy, or some other pet without getting permission. I want to not have 16-year old rap fan living above me, I want to walk in my front door and now have to open 3 more doors before I get into my house.

3. I'm going to say host a fabulous dinner party. Now, I host parties all the time (although it's been awhile, right guys?) but a real, grown-up dinner party with centerpieces, place cards, table settings, a group of my closest friends seated at a table where we have a fantastic dinner, perhaps prepared by Toni [:)]. An evening where the conversation flows freely and there is no need for entertainment because the company of each other is all we need.

4 comments:

Toni said...

I haven't thought of a question to ask you yet, sorry!

YAY!! You're coming to visit me :) I haven't been taking as many pictures as I should be. I've been so focused on finding where the heck I'm going.

I want a house too! But, I don't want to do any of the work involved.

I can cook :) I can't guarantee everything will be ready at the same time, but I can work on it! Well, if we do it Italian style we can do it with courses. I'll bring my own sous chef :)

Anonymous said...

Great job, Dawn! I love that all of your goals are totally within reach. Mine? WAY out there!

I love the dinner party one. I love throwing dinner parties and I totally insist on the whole nine yards... invitations, place cards, centre pieces, cloth napkins and napkin rings, all of it. I love it! I just never do it.

I'll invite you to mine if I can come to yours. ;)

dawnmarie said...

Toni, you're hired, and Carly, you're invited :)

Carly, I have plenty of goals and things I want to do that are WAY out there and borderline unreachable. I just picked the doable ones for this exercise. Great question, thanks for asking it!

Diet Plan said...

Hi

I think that time was so better when they were eating cake.