Monday, August 27, 2007

So long, farewell, auf...

more miscellaney...

Carly's hanging up her keyboard. One of the finest writers I've had the pleasure of "meeting", I'm quite sad to see her go, but I'm glad she'll have more time for whatever she wants more time for. Adieu Queenie.
~~~~~~~
Another exciting week looms here at work for me. I'm working 5 8-hour days, which is not something I've been able to do for quite awhile. I've spent time at the doctor, home in bed ill, and driving up to the cabin. I'm kind of looking forward to a simple week of normalcy. Except that I'm very very caught up with my work, and I don't have a whole heck of a lot to do.
~~~~~~~
This weekend brings Sarah to town. Friday and Saturday, Nick and I will be up northwest attending a wedding, but I look forward to some serious hanging out Sunday night. It is, after all the second birthday of team chipotle. I feel like there should be pancake cake and ghetto cub balloons.
~~~~~~~
Before all the weekend partying, there's work to be done. Tonight, the possiblity of dinner with a friend looms promisingly, and I'll probably be popping over to Kath's house to swap season one of Dr. Who for season two. Tuesday and Thursday, Nick and I are doing cake tastings at two different bakeries, in case we decide we want a cake at our wedding in addition to the dessert bar. Wednesday, I'm not doing much, but meeting up with a girl who is using my vases for her wedding next month.
~~~~~~~
This brings me to a dilemma I'm experiencing. Last night, Theresa and I were discussing how much we miss choir, and singing. My church choir starts up their practices again this coming Wednesday, at 7:00. I'm not gonna lie, I'm tempted to join up, just to get my vocal chords some use after sitting and rusting for a couple years.
~~~~~~~
That's about all I have, Hope everyone's weekend went well and the week ahead speeds by.

5 comments:

Toni said...

I miss talking to you at work!

Have fun with Sarah :)

And I think you should join the choir again! Why not? I'm all about doing things just because lately.

Brianinmpls said...

Damn they always come when I am out of town..I got a wedding this weekend too in lovley Green Bay

Sarah said...

no worries, bri! plan's off. we'll have to get together another time.

thisisbeth said...

I agree with Toni that you should join the choir. It would be awesome. (I'm jealous of people who have singing talent, so I'm definitely one to encourage taking advantage of it!)

Anonymous said...

You're sweet, Dawn. Your words made me feel a little sad. There's a lot going on that contributed to my decision, I'll probably spill it all to you sooner rather than later. I have been keeping up on that new page, though. You can keep up with me there.

Go for the choir thing! I bet that would be so fun!! I want to hear all about it!!