Thursday, August 16, 2007

When you're down, and troubled, and you need, a helping hand.

To get me out of my blogging funk, Carly and Rachel have given me a few questions to answer.

From Carly:
What are three things you have done in your life that you consider to be imperative for others to experience?

1. Be in a foreign place for more than a 1-2 week vacation. Live there, get to know the differences from your own life. I say place, because you don't have to go to another country to completely change your environment. Even a move from oh, I don't know let's say Bismarck to St. Paul can be a huge, brave step and a monumental change. Even taking a month and renting a house at the beach can change your perspective. Make a temporary change, just to see what happens.
2. Order room service. It seems silly, and small, and perhaps a waste, but when we focus completely on the getting ahead, and the fast paced world we live in, always looking to the next thing, I say, step back, stay in a fancy-arse hotel (I say go historic), sleep on a cushy bed, don't do anything but cuddle with a loved one, and order breakfast in bed. You'll feel relaxed, pampered and it's a fabulous way to start the day. I recommend the banana pancakes. Don't forget to wear the plush robe they provide.
3. And, well, the teacher in me would be lax if I didn't say get an education. No high school diploma? Get your GED. Haven't gone to college? Sign up at your local community college and take some courses (for schools in Canada, click here). Have a college degree? Take some community ed classes. Take a cooking class, tennis lessons, or heck, go to graduate school. Just never stop learning something. You'll meet new people, you'll learn something, and you might even discover a passion you've never known about. It doesn't even have to cost a million dollars.

If you want to ask me a question, email it to me.

3 comments:

Toni said...

Ohhh I like this. I'm still trying to think of a question for you.

QueenieCarly said...

I love it and I'm really glad I asked! What fantastic answers. Just reading that had made me want to move on getting into some classes! I wish I had mroe time to comment, but I need to go and check some online catalogues! ;)

So... what about the other part of the question? What are three things you intend on doing, but haven't yet??

dawnmarie said...

Carly, I am going to answer that in a separate post :) I have to think about it.